Car Parking options in Cork City
There are a variety of parking options in Cork City, divided between multi-storey car parks, surface parking and street parking. Furthermore, many of the hotels in Cork also offer parking facilities for guests. With that in mind, visitors with a hire car in Cork will never have any problems finding a place to leave their vehicle.
There are two multi-storey car parks in the city centre—one at Paul Street and the other on North Main Street. The car park on Paul Street is open Monday to Saturday from 07:30 to midnight, and on Sunday from 11:30 to midnight. Meanwhile, the car park on North Main Street is open Monday to Saturday from 08:30 to 18:30 (closed Sundays). Both of these car parks include specially designated spaces for disabled persons close to the lift.
The following privately operated car parks are also located in Cork:
- Carrolls Quay (Monday - Saturday, 07:00 to midnight; closed Sundays)
- Grand Parade (Open 24 hours; parking priced in 15-minute increments)
- Merchants Quay (Monday – Thursday and Saturday 08:00 to 19:00; Friday 08:00 to 21:00; Sunday 11:00 to 18:30)
- Patricks Quay (Monday – Saturday, 24 hours; Sunday 08:00 to 20:00)
- St Finbar (Monday – Saturday 07:15 to 20:30; closed Sundays)
- City Hall Eglinton Street (Monday – Saturday 07:00 to 22:00; closed Sundays)
Two payment systems have been instituted by Cork City Council. First is a ParkMagic pay-by-phone system, which operates through a bar code affixed to the wind screen. Drivers can purchase credit by visiting the ParkMagic website or by dialling 061 311422.
Pay and Display disc parking is also available at the street level. Where indicated, drivers must purchase a disc from an on-site machine and display it under the windscreen. Be sure to return and top off if you plan on leaving your car for longer than the duration covered, as parking regulations are stringently enforced.